H.D. Fowler Company is looking for an engaging and passionate HR Generalist to join our team in Bellevue (Factoria area). The HR Generalist position is a vital part of H.D. Fowler’s small HR Department, supporting recruiting, employee relations, benefit administration, workers compensation, performance management and various other HR processes. To be successful in this position, one must demonstrate forward thinking, confidence, as well as take initiative and steps to make current processes more efficient and effective.
QR Code Link to This Post
Who is H.D. Fowler Company? We are a family owned company that has been in business for over 100 years and is the single best distributor of water and wastewater solutions in the Northwest region. We have a company culture that values and encourages your initiative, excellent customer service and willingness to learn. At H.D. Fowler, we love to grow and promote our most valuable resource, our people, from within.
Essential functions include, but not limited to:
• Serve as first point of contact for employees, providing guidance and service on various employee relation matters.
• Assist managers with employee performance issues and recommend appropriate corrective action and assist with drafting disciplinary documents, as needed.
• Support employees and managers through the Workers Compensation process.
• Assist with payroll and benefit administration.
• Accurately maintain up-to-date spreadsheet trackers and electronic personnel files.
• Assist with unemployment claim responses, employment verification, and L&I claim communication.
• Build trust and rapport with all levels of staff in order to become a trusted HR asset within the company.
• Execute daily involvement in recruiting efforts by posting jobs, sourcing applicants, screening resumes, perform phone and occasional in person interviews, and support onboarding processes.
• Regularly research new and creative ways to market open positions in order to attract additional applicants.
• Maintain an active presence on various social media platforms to promote open positions.
• Coordinate and attend job fairs.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years HR Generalist experience.
• 2+ years’ experience with recruiting with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
• Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to clearly explain complex information.
• Must be able to deal with difficult situations professionally and confidently.
• Advanced knowledge of employment laws, including FMLA, Affirmative Action, Workers’ Compensation and other applicable federal and state laws.
• Strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Ability to multi-task and work independently with little guidance.
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now Payroll & Benefits.
• HR Certifications, such as SHRM-CP/SCP or PHR/SPHR.
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive non-exempt salary
• Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
• Health and Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts
• Traditional 401(k) & ROTH with company match
• Profit Sharing & Bonus incentives
• Paid Time Off (starting at 130 hours/year)
• Health Club membership reimbursement
• Paid Holidays
• Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm (40 hours with some flexibility to work overtime when needed)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: https://hdfowler.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/dcaddb28-70e0-7d17-af0a-ef758088fca2/apply?source=1183919-CS-27146
H.D. Fowler is a Drug free workplace. All offers of employment are contingent based on passing a pre-employment drug screen and professional reference check.
H.D. Fowler is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
Recruiters should contact us with or about unsolicited services or offers.