Come join our team at the Bellevue Club, the east side's premier athletic, social, and hotel property! We are currently seeking a full-time Banquet Captain to join our Catering department. The Banquet Captain leads and provides prompt, friendly and professional service to guests in the banquet facilities. Plans and directs banquet operations according to banquet event orders.
QR Code Link to This Post
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Identifies and plans for all details to successfully execute and event utilizing the function sheets written by the Catering Department; this includes personnel scheduling, room set-up and equipment planning.
• Provides leadership to banquet staff, schedules, trains, evaluates, and counsels staff with the direction of the Catering Director.
• Ensures that all Banquet department employee standards and service standards are met and implemented.
• Reads banquet event sheets to determine which rooms are to be set during the shift and what table/equipment configurations are to be used. Reviews the equipment that will be needed to properly set the room as well as reviews the meeting schedule and break times.
• Prepares banquet rooms for scheduled functions. Assists in the setup of tables and chairs as well as all other necessary equipment (podiums, staging, audio/visual equipment, etc.), linens and service ware.
• Ensures that the banquet rooms are properly set, clean and ready for use. Vacuums, dusts, spot cleans walls, cleans white boards and replaces light bulbs as necessary. Adjusts lighting and thermostat as needed.
• Establishes and maintains effective communication with kitchen personnel to ensure correct guest counts, special guest requests and appropriate meal timing.
• Builds strong business relationships with clients to generate repeat business.
• Greets host or hostess upon arrival and ensures that the facility and equipment meet the contract specifications.
• Communicates with the client throughout the event to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Prepares banquet reports and guest checks after each function. Summarizes the event and communicates abnormalities that occurred to the Director of Catering or accounting.
• Meets with banquet staff immediately prior to major events to ensure that pertinent information is communicated regarding the event.
•FREE Medical, Dental and Vision benefits after 60 days
•An outstanding employer matched 401(k) plan
•FREE parking and discounted meals at our magnificent restaurant Splash
•A thriving, fun and busy environment with plenty of opportunities to learn/grow.
For more information about the Bellevue Club or to apply directly online visit www.bellevueclub.com/employment