compensation: Competitive, DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Encompass Engineering and Surveying is seeking an experienced Land Surveying Technician or Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) for our established land surveying firm. You will produce various land survey deliverables utilizing CAD software. The type of surveys we produce range from topographic, boundary, ALTA/NSPS, and land use surveys, so there is always an ability to advance and grow in your knowledge and experience.
• Produce finished boundary survey drawings
• Work closely with survey crew members and office staff to draft survey data and/or review drawings produced by others.
• Work with Project Managers to meet schedule deadlines
• Existing surface creation in CAD to depict an accurate representation of field conditions
• Interpret record documents and accurately represent them in a CAD environment
• Effectively communicate with internal staff to gather all information needed for the drafting of survey related data
Required Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of five years of experience in all aspects of land surveying, to include a minimum of two years of experience in the office either drafting and/or computing
• Experience in drafting of topographic and boundary surveys for design or recording
• Experience in drafting of exhibits and the preparation of legal descriptions
• Knowledge of survey practices and principles, cartographic methods and standards
• Understanding of digital field books, field codes and field-to-finish Survey techniques
• Ability to process and edit line work, figures and surface models
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to work with little supervision
• Ability to collaborate well with other team members
• Field experience a plus
• Licensed Surveyor in Training (L.S.I.T) Certificate is a plus
• Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D is a plus
• Encompass Engineering & Surveying is made up of professional engineers, surveyors , planners and technicians that provide the highest quality services throughout King, Kittitas and parts of Snohomish, Pierce, Kitsap, Grant and Thurston Counties in Washington State.
• The firm's leadership believes very strongly that employees are truly an asset and are an integral part of the growth of the company. Managers insure that each employee has the opportunity to do their best every day and recognize the growth and successes of the employee. The relationship between senior and junior staff is one of mentoring and personal growth at the firm.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers