compensation: $16.50 DOE employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for fun, easy going assistant teachers to provide after school care for children in our Primary (3-5 years old) and Elementary (6-12) Programs. This is a great position for those who are looking into getting into education or would like a fun part time job. We do have full time hours available upon request.
From 2-6pm, Activity Club Assistants will help prepare the classroom, plan materials/activities and maintain a peaceful, educational and developmentally appropriate Montessori environment for children to learn and play. As is Montessori, we strive to create organized classrooms with beautiful materials in a peaceful environment to encourage children to explore and discover the joy of learning.
Some of the job duties are below:
- Must feel comfortable and at ease around young children and truly enjoy their presence
- In teams of two, oversee a group of up to 20 children
- Knowing and following safety procedures and supervising children at all times
- Leading a group with stories, movement and songs
- Providing a self serve snack and take home snack to children
- Leading small group activities
- Engaging in conversation with children to increase their opportunities for language
- Offering assistance to children only if necessary (Montessori)
- Use positive discipline techniques to help students gain self-discipline and learn how to settle their own disputes
- Leaving the classroom as clean as you found it including using the three step process to sanitize the tables and chairs at the end of the night
- Sharing in the end of night closing routine for the school
We adhere to all DCYF (Department of Children, Youth and Families) regulations regarding educators. All employees must complete a portable background check, fingerprint, proof of MMR immunization, proof of Negative presence of TB, and Food Handler's Permit.
We also offer professional development programs for those who are interested in being a certified Montessori Instructor.
We are an accredited Montessori School and have been open since 1966. Come be a part of our amazing reputation and teaching the next generation of our community!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate. We welcome all applicants!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers