Bellevue Montessori School is a reputable Accredited Montessori school guiding children 18 months - 12 years old since 1953.
QR Code Link to This Post
Our full day Montessori Toddler program guides children 18 months to 2.5 years old, before they transition into our preschool.
The toddler program is housed in a beautiful house like building that supports an immersive Montessori environment for our toddlers including lots of safe outdoor space for exploration. Montessori teachers are guides, assisting young children with healthfully and safely exploring their environment and building independence. Teachers support and encourage the child, building the child's self esteem and autonomy to encourage a love of learning and exploration. We adhere closely to Maria Montessori's ideals and early development philosophy and believe in meeting the child where they are at developmentally to further their education. The schedule is carefully created to support early learning progression through Practical Life, Self-Expression and Psychomotor Development.
If you are passionate about early childhood education, already know about or want to know more about Montessori, and love being around small children, this would be a fulfilling and enjoyable position for you!
We are looking for Assistant Teachers who are:
- Nurturing and naturally enjoys being with young children.
- Patient and understanding of each individual child and their needs.
- A team player who is professional in communicating with staff and parents.
- Organized and willing to help keep the classroom clean and organized.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative when there is a need on campus.
- Dependable and reliable in following his/her assigned schedule.
- Willing to learn more about the Montessori Method of education and incorporate it into their activities with the children.
- Creative in preparing activities for the children.
- Able to supervise children outdoors on the playground.
- Comfortable with changing diapers and sanitizing materials and furniture daily.
- 18 years and older.
- Consistently arrive to work on time and for the assigned schedule.
- Willing to complete the DCYF Merit requirements (TB test, background check, First Aid/CPR ).